At Melton & Melton you are not simply an employee — you are a valued member of our team.
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge, and dedication of our employees. Not only do we build relationships that count with our clients, we build them with our employees as well. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
This person serves as the virtual controller for multiple clients who have outsourced their accounting department to Melton & Melton, L.L.P. The Virtual Controller addresses tight deadlines, coordinates the various accounting functions (AP, AR, payroll, inventory), performs the month-end close, and prepares client financial statements and other management reports. This person has contact with the client and the client’s tax accountant and other professional service providers.
- Manage financial reporting for outsourced accounting clients
- Communicate with the client with an unrelenting commitment to client satisfaction
- Coordinate AP, AR, payroll, and inventory functions for each client as needed
- Prioritize tasks in a high-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Prepare account reconciliations
- Review G/L for overall accuracy
- Prepare client financial statements and management reports each month
- Prepare sales tax returns, 1099s, etc, as needed
- Prepare schedules for audit and tax professionals
- Several years of experience working as a controller
- Experience with construction accounting strongly preferred
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online and/or QuickBooks Desktop strongly preferred
- Strong technology skills, especially with Excel
- Experience working in a paperless environment preferred
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to manage unexpected and sometimes urgent firm or client matters as they arise
- Project management skills
- Time management skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Team player with a positive “can-do” approach
Upload Your Resume