Tax Staff Accountant
At Melton & Melton you are not simply an accountant—you are a valued member of our team.
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge, and dedication of our employees. Not only do we build relationships that count with our clients, we build them with our employees as well. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
As a mid-size independent firm we have the flexibility to create policies and an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work-life balance. This attitude creates a more productive environment for employees that in turn,encourages personal wellbeing and results in more accurate work for our clients. We are always looking towards the future growth of the firm and all employees play a crucial role in the firm’s future.We offer a highly-competitive compensation package for our full time team members.
As you determine the direction of your future, you should consider what is important to you in your career. If you are looking for a firm where you can develop as a professional and where your talents will be recognized and appreciated, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our tax staff will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
- Prepare a variety of tax returns and reports of which may include any of the following Federal and State Tax Return: Individual, Corporate, Partnership, Estate, Gift, Trust, Payroll, Forms W-2 and 1099, Texas Franchise, and various other State Returns
- Complete necessary preparations for scanning work papers into the paperless software for use incompletion of the related returns and reports
- Prepare annual and/or monthly accounting and bookkeeping services using Quick Books andother accounting software
- Prepare adjustments to client’s internal financial statements in connection with completing therelated tax return(s)
- Utilize and develop a basic understanding of various tax programs and tax software
- Work closely with supervisors, managers, and partners to receive and complete assigned work
- Communicate with his/her supervisors on the progress of assigned work
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Accounting degree preferred) with 150 qualifying hours to sit for the CPA Exam
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member
- Zero to three years of experience and actively pursuing a CPA license
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship
Upload Your Resume