At Melton & Melton you are not simply an accountant—you are a valued member of our team.
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge, and dedication of our employees. Not only do we build relationships that count with our clients, we build them with our employees as well. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
As one of the largest locally owned firms in Houston, we have the flexibility to create policies and an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work-life balance. This mindset creates a more productive environment for employees that in turn, encourages personal wellbeing and results in more accurate work for our clients. We are always looking towards the future growth of the firm and all employees play a crucial role in the firm’s future.
An ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge and experience in individual, corporate, partnership and trust tax return preparation, planning and research as well as proven management abilities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Taking initiative and managing multiple client engagements.
- Maintaining good client relationships by communicating effectively.
- Supervising and reviewing complex individual, corporate, trust, partnership and other tax returns.
- Mentoring and assisting younger professionals.
- Conducting tax research, consulting and planning projects to identify and offer solutions to solve client tax issues.
Candidates should have a high level of professionalism, sense of responsibility, good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in person, with all levels of our Firm and with clients. Additionally, candidates should have:
- At least three years of recent tax experience in public accounting.
- CPA designation.
- Team orientation and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage people and multiple projects effectively.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding tax issues.
- Strong relationship management and practice development skills.
Upload Your Resume