At Melton & Melton you are not simply an accountant—you are a valued member of our team.
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge, and dedication of our employees. Not only do we build relationships that count with our clients, but we also build them with our employees as well. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
As a mid-size locally owned firm we have the flexibility to create policies and an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work-life balance. This attitude creates a more productive environment for employees that in turn, encourages personal wellbeing and results in more accurate work for our clients. We are always looking towards the future growth of the firm and all employees play a crucial role in the firm’s future. We offer a highly competitive compensation package for our full-time team members.
As you determine the direction of your future, you must consider what is important to you in your career. If you are looking for a firm where you can develop as a professional and where your talents will be recognized and appreciated, then you’ve come to the right place.
The Audit Supervisor is a position expected to perform all aspects of an audit or examination with minimum supervision as well as direct several associates concerning work to be performed.
- Work review, decision making, and time budget management are essential parts of this position
- Execute day-to-day activities of audit engagements of various clients
- Interact with clients to help ensure the information flow from the client to the audit team is efficient, serving as a liaison between clients and upper management
- Supervise Associates and Interns on engagements.
- Judge the sustainability of expenditures to be incurred on an engagement, both by themselves and by those they supervise
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- All other duties assigned by your supervisor or manager
All these functions will be performed in accordance with the firm’s quality control guidelines and performed in a timely and efficient manner under the supervision of their superiors. The right audit candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all levels of the organization and with our clients.
- Proficient in computer applications used in the office.
- Thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting practices (GAAP) and standards.
- Ability to understand financial records.
- Ability to review company documentation to complete audits in a timely and proficient manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to complete work within a specified time frame.
- Ability to research various types of company documents and budgets to identify necessary information for specific audits.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Accounting
- CPA or significant progress toward a CPA
- 3-5 years audit experience in a public accounting firm
- Ability to make appropriate decisions regarding accounting and auditing matters
- Ability to perform and direct the broadest range of accounting tasks so that the direct participation of supervisors, managers or partners is kept to a minimum
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship.
Upload Your Resume