Audit Staff Accountant
We understand that our greatest asset is the integrity, knowledge, and dedication of our employees. Not only do we build relationships that count with our clients, we build them with our employees as well. That is why we provide a positive, supportive atmosphere where team members can truly enjoy spending their time.
As a mid-size independent firm we have the flexibility to create policies and an atmosphere that promotes a healthy work-life balance. This attitude creates a more productive environment for employees that in turn,encourages personal wellbeing and results in more accurate work for our clients. We are always looking towards the future growth of the firm and all employees play a crucial role in the firm’s future. We offer a highly-competitive compensation package for our full time team members.
As you determine the direction of your future, you must consider what is important to you in your career. If you are looking for a firm where you can develop as a professional and where your talents will be recognized and appreciated, then you’ve come to the right place.
Our audit staff will perform the following functions at Melton & Melton, LLP:
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA
- Obtain exposure to various types of financial statement engagements provided by the firm
- Prepare field work and keep supervisors informed of the engagement status
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners
- Work effectively within given budgetary parameters
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to various client situations
- Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business and market
- Become oriented with Firm’s practices, policies, and culture
Required Job Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (Accounting degree preferred) with 150 qualifying hours to sit for the CPA Exam.
- Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Zero to three years of experience and actively pursuing a CPA license
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship
Upload Your Resume