The Melton & Melton audit internship program provides undergraduate and graduate accounting students with practical, on-the-job experience, as well as an opportunity to assess their interest in a career path with our firm. Our comprehensive internship program is designed to prepare students for a full-time career upon completion—our potential goal is a permanent hire at the end of the internship.
We value our interns highly and treat them no differently than the rest of our staff; that means that all your assignments will be real-world work. You will also receive the same extensive training as our full-time staff.
- Working on a variety of client engagements in varying industries.
- Become familiar with pronouncements of the Financial Accounting Standards Boards and AICPA.
- Obtain exposure to various types of financial statement engagements provided by the firm.
- Prepare field work and keep supervisors informed of the engagement status.
- Assume responsibility for various segments of audits under supervision
- Communicate auditing matters and problems to Supervisors, Managers, Senior Managers, and Partners.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of complex accounting and auditing concepts and apply them to various client situations
- Interact with clients to help audit team efficiency
- Acquire a working knowledge of the client’s business and market
- Completed Intermediates I and II before starting the internship.
- Obtain an overall GPA of 3.0 and a minimum of 3.0 in accounting classes.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Legally permitted to be employed in the United States without requiring a visa or sponsorship.
Upload Your Resume