Basic Instincts: Do Your Employees Have “The Nine?” for Fast Growth?
What kind of employees do you need to hire to grow a company? You can train and hire for skills, shaping the team personality, however, what you can’t train, shape or change are your employees’ primal basic work instincts: how they will first respond and react to all the dynamics in a fast growth company.
These types of companies need to recruit employees with a primal instinct of fast growth judgment and that can be completely different than judgment used in a corporate environment.
Here are The Nine Basic Instincts your employees should have to thrive in fast growth companies:
- Judgment: You show up for work and can sense what needs to be done without being told and you do it.
- Communication: You maintain calm poise in stressful situations and can make sense of the surroundings.
- Impact: You want the ball when the game is on the line.
- Curiosity: You read and live outside your comfort zones.
- Innovation: You see failure as an opportunity to figure out success.
- Courage: You’re willing to object when the company is going in a direction that conflicts with its shared values, but you also have the courage to push ahead for success, even when you disagree with a tactical or day-to-day decision.
- Passion: You passionately identify root causes to solve problems and go beyond treating symptoms.
- Honesty: You’re able to admit mistakes and do what is right when no one else is looking.
- Selflessness: You’re happiest when you are giving more than you are taking.
In a fast growth company, it’s all about how the work gets done and how fast. If this is your type of company, be sure to seek employees that fit the above criteria to build the dream team to get you to your goals.
To read the entire article, please visit www.forbes.com.